Power restored to South Cumbria homes
Last updated at 15:43, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
HUNDREDS of people across South Cumbria were left without power for several hours today following a series of electrical faults.
Electricity North West deployed engineers to Grange, Grasmere and Windermere this morning after residents were plunged into darkness.
Properties in Windermere were hit the hardest, with 388 customers affected by the high voltage fault that occurred at 6.43am.
While the majority of customers had their power restored by 9am, more than 50 had to wait until about 4.30pm for the problem to be fixed.
First published at 10:27, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|