Power restored to South Cumbria homes
Last updated at 15:43, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
HUNDREDS of people across South Cumbria were left without power for several hours today following a series of electrical faults.
Electricity North West deployed engineers to Grange, Grasmere and Windermere this morning after residents were plunged into darkness.
Properties in Windermere were hit the hardest, with 388 customers affected by the high voltage fault that occurred at 6.43am.
While the majority of customers had their power restored by 9am, more than 50 had to wait until about 4.30pm for the problem to be fixed.
First published at 10:27, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|