Power restored to South Cumbria homes
Last updated at 15:43, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
HUNDREDS of people across South Cumbria were left without power for several hours today following a series of electrical faults.
Electricity North West deployed engineers to Grange, Grasmere and Windermere this morning after residents were plunged into darkness.
Properties in Windermere were hit the hardest, with 388 customers affected by the high voltage fault that occurred at 6.43am.
While the majority of customers had their power restored by 9am, more than 50 had to wait until about 4.30pm for the problem to be fixed.
First published at 10:27, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|