Power restored to South Cumbria homes
Last updated at 15:43, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
HUNDREDS of people across South Cumbria were left without power for several hours today following a series of electrical faults.
Electricity North West deployed engineers to Grange, Grasmere and Windermere this morning after residents were plunged into darkness.
Properties in Windermere were hit the hardest, with 388 customers affected by the high voltage fault that occurred at 6.43am.
While the majority of customers had their power restored by 9am, more than 50 had to wait until about 4.30pm for the problem to be fixed.
First published at 10:27, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston mural to screen icon vandalised
- Isolation and a ‘hidden hungry’ are key issues
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|