Police name Barrow woman who died following three-vehicle Cumbria crash
Last updated at 16:39, Monday, 22 April 2013
THE motorist who died following a fatal three-vehicle collision in Cumbria on Saturday afternoon has been identified as a 73-year-old Barrow woman.
Police have this afternoon identified the casualty as Marion Teresa Jones, 73, of Barrow.
The coroner for South Cumbria has been informed and an inquest will be opened tomorrow.
The collision happened just before 1.30pm on the A65 at Spital Farm, between Kirkby Lonsdale and Crooklands.
Ms Jones was driving a VW Golf.
The male passenger in the car sustained chest injuries, which are not believed to be serious, and was taken to Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
A woman from Longtown who was driving an Audi TT motor car suffered multiple injuries and was transferred by air ambulance to Preston Royal Infirmary. Her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The third vehicle, also a VW Golf, was driven by a male who suffered no injuries.
The road was closed until 6.30pm while an investigation was carried out by road policing officers and the force's Collision Investigation Unit.
The North West Air Ambulance, Great North Air Ambulance, Cumbria Fire and Rescue, North West Ambulance Service and police were all on the scene.
Sergeant Jo Fawcett, of the South Cumbria Road Policing Unit, said: "Despite valiant efforts by police officers and passing motorists, who were on the scene within moments of the collision occurring and who administered CPR, the driver of the Golf tragically died at the scene."
Cumbria Police request anyone who witnessed the collision to contact them on 101.
First published at 16:08, Saturday, 20 April 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|