Police investigate robbery in South Cumbria
Last updated at 10:45, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a robbery after a 22-year-old man was assaulted and had items stolen from him while walking home in South Cumbria on Monday.
While he was walking home at around 7pm in Burneside Road, in Kendal, he was approached by two males described as white, between 18 to 22-years-old, both of a slim build, approximately 6 foot tall and with short hair. Both are described as wearing dark tracksuit bottoms and hooded tops.
The male victim was punched in the face before items from his shopping bag were stolen. He did not require hospital treatment.
Two further incidents occurred on Burneside road around the same time that the robbery took place where a wing mirror was damaged on a white Alfa Julietta car and a ground floor window was smashed on a residential property also on Burneside Road.
Due to the location and timings of these incidents, police are investigating whether they are carried out by the same offenders.
As a result of police enquiries, two local males aged 15 and 16 have been arrested on suspicion of robbery, burglary and criminal damage a few hours after the incident was reported. Both were interviewed and have been placed on police bail until April 10th while enquiries continue.
DC Kelly Hayton said: “We are appealing to the community who were in the vicinity of Burneside road on Monday evening to contact us with information.
“We believe there were people in the area who will have witnessed the incident or who will have heard or saw something. This information could make a big difference to our investigation so please get in touch.
"We are particularly keen to trace a male and female who are believed to have walked in the vicinity of Burneside road and along the footpath behind the police station. They are not suspected of being involved but may be witnesses we need to speak to. If this could be you, please contact me.”
If anyone has information in relation to any of these offences, contact DC Kelly Hayton in Kendal CID on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 10:40, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|