Police investigate robbery in South Cumbria
Last updated at 10:45, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a robbery after a 22-year-old man was assaulted and had items stolen from him while walking home in South Cumbria on Monday.
While he was walking home at around 7pm in Burneside Road, in Kendal, he was approached by two males described as white, between 18 to 22-years-old, both of a slim build, approximately 6 foot tall and with short hair. Both are described as wearing dark tracksuit bottoms and hooded tops.
The male victim was punched in the face before items from his shopping bag were stolen. He did not require hospital treatment.
Two further incidents occurred on Burneside road around the same time that the robbery took place where a wing mirror was damaged on a white Alfa Julietta car and a ground floor window was smashed on a residential property also on Burneside Road.
Due to the location and timings of these incidents, police are investigating whether they are carried out by the same offenders.
As a result of police enquiries, two local males aged 15 and 16 have been arrested on suspicion of robbery, burglary and criminal damage a few hours after the incident was reported. Both were interviewed and have been placed on police bail until April 10th while enquiries continue.
DC Kelly Hayton said: “We are appealing to the community who were in the vicinity of Burneside road on Monday evening to contact us with information.
“We believe there were people in the area who will have witnessed the incident or who will have heard or saw something. This information could make a big difference to our investigation so please get in touch.
"We are particularly keen to trace a male and female who are believed to have walked in the vicinity of Burneside road and along the footpath behind the police station. They are not suspected of being involved but may be witnesses we need to speak to. If this could be you, please contact me.”
If anyone has information in relation to any of these offences, contact DC Kelly Hayton in Kendal CID on 101 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 10:40, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Care firm boss sets out stall for new Cumbria recruits (1 comment)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|