Police investigate burglary at Ulverston home
Last updated at 20:33, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
A HANDBAG and cash were stolen from inside an Ulverston home after the culprit sneaked in through an unlocked back door.
The burglary at a home in Steel Street happened overnight between 9pm on Monday and 8.45am today.
Police said the offender got in through an insecure rear door and stole a handbag and money from the kitchen.
Police are investigating and appealing for anyone who may have been in the Steel Street area at this time, or anyone who may have seen someone acting suspiciously, to contact Barrow CID by calling 101.
A police spokeswoman said officers wished to remind residents to keep their property securely locked, even if they are at home, and especially if they are not.
First published at 20:26, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|