Police investigate alleged Barrow hate crime of transgender woman
Last updated at 13:00, Thursday, 07 February 2013
A TRANSGENDER lady was allegedly verbally abused and had a football thrown at her.
The incident happened in Abbey Road, Barrow, near the Duke of Edinburgh Hotel, between 8.45pm and 9pm on Wednesday. (Feb 6)
The woman, 40, described the three male offenders as being 16-years-old, 5ft 7ins-tall, of thin build with short, dark hair.
All were wearing hoodies.
Anyone with information is asked to call police by calling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:48, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I cannot believe we still have hate crime towards groups of people in this town, I'd like to address people by saying if you do hate a particular group of people being either sexuality, race, religion keep it to yourselves. abuse of any scale has not achieved anything and never will.
Make your comment
- Around 60 DIY stores to shut in shake up
- Forgiveness sought by ‘ashamed’ Barrow thief
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow town centre assault suspect (3 comments)
- Isolation and a ‘hidden hungry’ are key issues
- Ulverston mural to screen icon vandalised
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour (1 comment)
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain (1 comment)
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength