Police investigate alleged Barrow hate crime of transgender woman
Last updated at 13:00, Thursday, 07 February 2013
A TRANSGENDER lady was allegedly verbally abused and had a football thrown at her.
The incident happened in Abbey Road, Barrow, near the Duke of Edinburgh Hotel, between 8.45pm and 9pm on Wednesday. (Feb 6)
The woman, 40, described the three male offenders as being 16-years-old, 5ft 7ins-tall, of thin build with short, dark hair.
All were wearing hoodies.
Anyone with information is asked to call police by calling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:48, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I cannot believe we still have hate crime towards groups of people in this town, I'd like to address people by saying if you do hate a particular group of people being either sexuality, race, religion keep it to yourselves. abuse of any scale has not achieved anything and never will.
Make your comment
- Barrow pensioner charged with possessing, making and distributing indecent images of children
- SLIDESHOW: Barrow photographers snap up awards for artistry
- West Cumbria mayor’s political adviser fought to be area’s MP
- Stars of car and property shows among South Cumbria village's scarecrow festival highlights
- Tributes as Barrow born actress dies after collapse backstage
- SLIDESHOW: Cartmel family race proves a winning formula
- Little for Cumbria in Queen’s Speech - MPs
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- SLIDESHOW: South Cumbria pub's beer festival hailed as a success
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria horse Skye back at home after sickening paddock sex attack
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Net gain for Furness tennis players: with picture gallery
- Cup final heartache for Barrow Celtic
- Furness Future Flyers put the pedal down: with picture gallery
- Furness youngsters in national table tennis finals: with picture gallery
- Furness school athletes on track to success: with picture gallery
- Golfers tee up for £10k prize at Barrow
- Maiden win for Walney bowlers
- Hooray - Henry shines again in Cartmel rain: with picture gallery
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
- All aboard for a free trip into bus history
- Just rabbiting on about DIY skills
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role