Police investigate alleged Barrow hate crime of transgender woman
Last updated at 13:00, Thursday, 07 February 2013
A TRANSGENDER lady was allegedly verbally abused and had a football thrown at her.
The incident happened in Abbey Road, Barrow, near the Duke of Edinburgh Hotel, between 8.45pm and 9pm on Wednesday. (Feb 6)
The woman, 40, described the three male offenders as being 16-years-old, 5ft 7ins-tall, of thin build with short, dark hair.
All were wearing hoodies.
Anyone with information is asked to call police by calling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:48, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I cannot believe we still have hate crime towards groups of people in this town, I'd like to address people by saying if you do hate a particular group of people being either sexuality, race, religion keep it to yourselves. abuse of any scale has not achieved anything and never will.
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- Barrow start season with Fleet-sinking mission
- Tough run in Holker play-off bid
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
- Eye Health
- Runners putting energies into fitness