Police identify man found dead on beach next to Walney channel
Last updated at 10:54, Friday, 01 February 2013
A MAN found dead on the beach next to Walney channel has been formally identified.
Terence Anderson, known as Terry, of Lime Street, Barrow, was found dead on the beach next to Walney channel on Tuesday morning close to the Kimberly-Clark paper mill.
Concerns were raised for the 61-year-old's welfare on Tuesday morning and a full-scale search was mounted before his body was later recovered.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious at this time.
Mr Anderson's family have been informed and the case will be passed to the coroner.
First published at 16:16, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|