Police identify man found dead on beach next to Walney channel
Last updated at 10:54, Friday, 01 February 2013
A MAN found dead on the beach next to Walney channel has been formally identified.
Terence Anderson, known as Terry, of Lime Street, Barrow, was found dead on the beach next to Walney channel on Tuesday morning close to the Kimberly-Clark paper mill.
Concerns were raised for the 61-year-old's welfare on Tuesday morning and a full-scale search was mounted before his body was later recovered.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious at this time.
Mr Anderson's family have been informed and the case will be passed to the coroner.
First published at 16:16, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (2 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (3 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|