Police identify man found dead on beach next to Walney channel
Last updated at 10:54, Friday, 01 February 2013
A MAN found dead on the beach next to Walney channel has been formally identified.
Terence Anderson, known as Terry, of Lime Street, Barrow, was found dead on the beach next to Walney channel on Tuesday morning close to the Kimberly-Clark paper mill.
Concerns were raised for the 61-year-old's welfare on Tuesday morning and a full-scale search was mounted before his body was later recovered.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious at this time.
Mr Anderson's family have been informed and the case will be passed to the coroner.
First published at 16:16, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|