Police identify man found dead on beach next to Walney channel
Last updated at 10:54, Friday, 01 February 2013
A MAN found dead on the beach next to Walney channel has been formally identified.
Terence Anderson, known as Terry, of Lime Street, Barrow, was found dead on the beach next to Walney channel on Tuesday morning close to the Kimberly-Clark paper mill.
Concerns were raised for the 61-year-old's welfare on Tuesday morning and a full-scale search was mounted before his body was later recovered.
Police are not treating his death as suspicious at this time.
Mr Anderson's family have been informed and the case will be passed to the coroner.
First published at 16:16, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|