Police call off hunt for Barrow train brawlers
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 11 January 2013
BRITISH Transport Police has cancelled its appeal for information over a fight at Barrow rail station after two people came forward.
Earlier this week officers released CCTV images of two men they wanted to speak to in relation to a fight that broke out at around 8pm on Saturday, December 15.
After arriving in Barrow on a train from Carlisle, a group of men became involved in a physical confrontation outside the station, with a number of punches being thrown.
Two images taken from CCTV footage were released yesterday in a bid to help with the identification of the brawlers.
"Following the appeal, two people have been in touch and we are now looking into the information they have provided," PC Allan Fernie said.
"I'd like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with the investigation."
First published at 11:08, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In response to the request for comments, I have made a least one, its up to you to print it, I guess there is a least one of your staff that dosnt like my comments? But thats just people being biased? you dont expect that in the Freedom of the Press do You?
Make your comment
- Barrow council prosecutes in connection with zoo keeper death
- Business prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks
- Cumbria Police release CCTV images in connection with theft
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Sun comes out for South Cumbria wedding winners
- Barrow hospital prepared for inspectors after working hard to improve
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds