Police call off hunt for Barrow train brawlers
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 11 January 2013
BRITISH Transport Police has cancelled its appeal for information over a fight at Barrow rail station after two people came forward.
Earlier this week officers released CCTV images of two men they wanted to speak to in relation to a fight that broke out at around 8pm on Saturday, December 15.
After arriving in Barrow on a train from Carlisle, a group of men became involved in a physical confrontation outside the station, with a number of punches being thrown.
Two images taken from CCTV footage were released yesterday in a bid to help with the identification of the brawlers.
"Following the appeal, two people have been in touch and we are now looking into the information they have provided," PC Allan Fernie said.
"I'd like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with the investigation."
First published at 11:08, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In response to the request for comments, I have made a least one, its up to you to print it, I guess there is a least one of your staff that dosnt like my comments? But thats just people being biased? you dont expect that in the Freedom of the Press do You?
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery