Police call off hunt for Barrow train brawlers
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 11 January 2013
BRITISH Transport Police has cancelled its appeal for information over a fight at Barrow rail station after two people came forward.
Earlier this week officers released CCTV images of two men they wanted to speak to in relation to a fight that broke out at around 8pm on Saturday, December 15.
After arriving in Barrow on a train from Carlisle, a group of men became involved in a physical confrontation outside the station, with a number of punches being thrown.
Two images taken from CCTV footage were released yesterday in a bid to help with the identification of the brawlers.
"Following the appeal, two people have been in touch and we are now looking into the information they have provided," PC Allan Fernie said.
"I'd like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with the investigation."
First published at 11:08, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In response to the request for comments, I have made a least one, its up to you to print it, I guess there is a least one of your staff that dosnt like my comments? But thats just people being biased? you dont expect that in the Freedom of the Press do You?
Make your comment
- WITH VIDEO: Barrow man jailed for allowing two dogs to savage a sheep while pal filmed it (10 comments)
- Barrow youngsters show they mean business
- All action from the Evening Mail’s poll vaults
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- Barrow Sea Cadets launch litter mission
- Barrow mum will tackle 40-mile walk to remember her one-year-old (3 comments)
- Child vandals hurl object at Barrow bus (1 comment)
- Millom boy's rare illness progress
- Legal high clampdown at Cumbria festival (2 comments)
- Barrow Sister Act performers show why they’re second to nun
- Defender released by Barrow AFC (2 comments)
- Barrow Raiders boss pays tribute to Danny Jones
- Haworth wants Barrow AFC deal (1 comment)
- Hero Declan does the trick for Cents
- Rhiann earns GB call-up as Duddon paddlers shine
- Barrow social club pockets snooker tables from mystery man
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns