Police call off hunt for Barrow train brawlers
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 11 January 2013
BRITISH Transport Police has cancelled its appeal for information over a fight at Barrow rail station after two people came forward.
Earlier this week officers released CCTV images of two men they wanted to speak to in relation to a fight that broke out at around 8pm on Saturday, December 15.
After arriving in Barrow on a train from Carlisle, a group of men became involved in a physical confrontation outside the station, with a number of punches being thrown.
Two images taken from CCTV footage were released yesterday in a bid to help with the identification of the brawlers.
"Following the appeal, two people have been in touch and we are now looking into the information they have provided," PC Allan Fernie said.
"I'd like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with the investigation."
First published at 11:08, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In response to the request for comments, I have made a least one, its up to you to print it, I guess there is a least one of your staff that dosnt like my comments? But thats just people being biased? you dont expect that in the Freedom of the Press do You?
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants (2 comments)
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (4 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (2 comments)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)