Police call off hunt for Barrow train brawlers
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 11 January 2013
BRITISH Transport Police has cancelled its appeal for information over a fight at Barrow rail station after two people came forward.
Earlier this week officers released CCTV images of two men they wanted to speak to in relation to a fight that broke out at around 8pm on Saturday, December 15.
After arriving in Barrow on a train from Carlisle, a group of men became involved in a physical confrontation outside the station, with a number of punches being thrown.
Two images taken from CCTV footage were released yesterday in a bid to help with the identification of the brawlers.
"Following the appeal, two people have been in touch and we are now looking into the information they have provided," PC Allan Fernie said.
"I'd like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with the investigation."
First published at 11:08, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In response to the request for comments, I have made a least one, its up to you to print it, I guess there is a least one of your staff that dosnt like my comments? But thats just people being biased? you dont expect that in the Freedom of the Press do You?
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown