Police bust £20,000 cannabis farm near Ulverston
Last updated at 08:49, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A CANNABIS farm worth £20,000 was discovered near Ulverston yesterday.
This morning police attended a rural premises in Lowick Green, near Ulverston, to execute a drug warrant.
Officers forced their way into the premises and a barn attached to the residential property, where a substantial amount of cannabis was discovered.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston said: “Our policing team successfully carried out a drugs warrant today and seized a significant quantity of cannabis which is estimated to be worth around £20,000.
“They discovered a sophisticated set up and as a result, a 48-year-old man from the Ulverston area was arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis. He has been interviewed and placed on police bail until April 17 while enquiries continue.
“Today’s discovery happened on the first day of the constabulary’s ‘Community Policing Week’ campaign which is designed to showcase the work that goes on 24/7 by police to keep streets safe. Today’s activity is an example of the work that officers do regularly to tackle drugs and target the people who operate above the street dealers.
“All communities can suffer from the impact of drugs and we know that illegal substances of all descriptions can ruin and sometimes end people’s lives. We will continue to act on behalf of the community by targeting dealers and the production of drugs to prevent substances getting onto our streets.”
First published at 17:10, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Another market garden gone out of business,what about the legalising of drugs
some of the so called educated are trying to
Canabis for your own pain relief,may be acceptable,but not for dealing to youngsters.
Make your comment
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival
- Warning to Cumbria parents and children over suffocating 'Sleeper'
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (18 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (1 comment)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker