Police bust £20,000 cannabis farm near Ulverston
Last updated at 08:49, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A CANNABIS farm worth £20,000 was discovered near Ulverston yesterday.
This morning police attended a rural premises in Lowick Green, near Ulverston, to execute a drug warrant.
Officers forced their way into the premises and a barn attached to the residential property, where a substantial amount of cannabis was discovered.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston said: “Our policing team successfully carried out a drugs warrant today and seized a significant quantity of cannabis which is estimated to be worth around £20,000.
“They discovered a sophisticated set up and as a result, a 48-year-old man from the Ulverston area was arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis. He has been interviewed and placed on police bail until April 17 while enquiries continue.
“Today’s discovery happened on the first day of the constabulary’s ‘Community Policing Week’ campaign which is designed to showcase the work that goes on 24/7 by police to keep streets safe. Today’s activity is an example of the work that officers do regularly to tackle drugs and target the people who operate above the street dealers.
“All communities can suffer from the impact of drugs and we know that illegal substances of all descriptions can ruin and sometimes end people’s lives. We will continue to act on behalf of the community by targeting dealers and the production of drugs to prevent substances getting onto our streets.”
First published at 17:10, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Another market garden gone out of business,what about the legalising of drugs
some of the so called educated are trying to
Canabis for your own pain relief,may be acceptable,but not for dealing to youngsters.
Make your comment
- Perfect opportunity for BAE Systems Barrow recruitment fair
- Cycling stars not the only professionals hitting Barrow
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Stars in Barrow for thrilling spectacle
- Wheelbase aim to hit top gear on home soil
- Get to know whose running the show
- Millom cyclist can’t wait for race close to home
- Helping you enjoy a great day’s racing in Barrow tomorrow
- Barrow pulls out all stops to impress
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Net gain for Furness tennis players: with picture gallery
- Cup final heartache for Barrow Celtic
- Furness Future Flyers put the pedal down: with picture gallery
- Furness youngsters in national table tennis finals: with picture gallery
- Furness school athletes on track to success: with picture gallery
- Golfers tee up for £10k prize at Barrow
- Maiden win for Walney bowlers
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
- Horses ready to meet the trains
- All aboard for a free trip into bus history
- Just rabbiting on about DIY skills (1 comment)
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)