Police bust £20,000 cannabis farm near Ulverston
Last updated at 08:49, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A CANNABIS farm worth £20,000 was discovered near Ulverston yesterday.
This morning police attended a rural premises in Lowick Green, near Ulverston, to execute a drug warrant.
Officers forced their way into the premises and a barn attached to the residential property, where a substantial amount of cannabis was discovered.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston said: “Our policing team successfully carried out a drugs warrant today and seized a significant quantity of cannabis which is estimated to be worth around £20,000.
“They discovered a sophisticated set up and as a result, a 48-year-old man from the Ulverston area was arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis. He has been interviewed and placed on police bail until April 17 while enquiries continue.
“Today’s discovery happened on the first day of the constabulary’s ‘Community Policing Week’ campaign which is designed to showcase the work that goes on 24/7 by police to keep streets safe. Today’s activity is an example of the work that officers do regularly to tackle drugs and target the people who operate above the street dealers.
“All communities can suffer from the impact of drugs and we know that illegal substances of all descriptions can ruin and sometimes end people’s lives. We will continue to act on behalf of the community by targeting dealers and the production of drugs to prevent substances getting onto our streets.”
First published at 17:10, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Another market garden gone out of business,what about the legalising of drugs
some of the so called educated are trying to
Canabis for your own pain relief,may be acceptable,but not for dealing to youngsters.
Make your comment
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together