Police bust £20,000 cannabis farm near Ulverston
Last updated at 08:49, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A CANNABIS farm worth £20,000 was discovered near Ulverston yesterday.
This morning police attended a rural premises in Lowick Green, near Ulverston, to execute a drug warrant.
Officers forced their way into the premises and a barn attached to the residential property, where a substantial amount of cannabis was discovered.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston said: “Our policing team successfully carried out a drugs warrant today and seized a significant quantity of cannabis which is estimated to be worth around £20,000.
“They discovered a sophisticated set up and as a result, a 48-year-old man from the Ulverston area was arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis. He has been interviewed and placed on police bail until April 17 while enquiries continue.
“Today’s discovery happened on the first day of the constabulary’s ‘Community Policing Week’ campaign which is designed to showcase the work that goes on 24/7 by police to keep streets safe. Today’s activity is an example of the work that officers do regularly to tackle drugs and target the people who operate above the street dealers.
“All communities can suffer from the impact of drugs and we know that illegal substances of all descriptions can ruin and sometimes end people’s lives. We will continue to act on behalf of the community by targeting dealers and the production of drugs to prevent substances getting onto our streets.”
First published at 17:10, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Another market garden gone out of business,what about the legalising of drugs
some of the so called educated are trying to
Canabis for your own pain relief,may be acceptable,but not for dealing to youngsters.
Make your comment
- WITH VIDEO: Barrow man jailed today for allowing two dogs to savage a sheep while pal filmed it
- All action from the Evening Mail’s poll vaults
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- Barrow Sea Cadets launch litter mission
- Barrow mum will tackle 40-mile walk to remember her one-year-old (2 comments)
- Child vandals hurl object at Barrow bus
- Millom boy's rare illness progress
- Legal high clampdown at Cumbria festival (2 comments)
- Barrow Sister Act performers show why they’re second to nun
- Evening Mail readers highlight their most important policy areas in online poll
- Barrow Raiders boss pays tribute to Danny Jones
- Haworth wants Barrow AFC deal
- Hero Declan does the trick for Cents
- Rhiann earns GB call-up as Duddon paddlers shine
- Barrow social club pockets snooker tables from mystery man
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns
- Lacey keen to taste Conference life with Barrow AFC (1 comment)