Police bust £20,000 cannabis farm near Ulverston
Last updated at 08:49, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A CANNABIS farm worth £20,000 was discovered near Ulverston yesterday.
This morning police attended a rural premises in Lowick Green, near Ulverston, to execute a drug warrant.
Officers forced their way into the premises and a barn attached to the residential property, where a substantial amount of cannabis was discovered.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston said: “Our policing team successfully carried out a drugs warrant today and seized a significant quantity of cannabis which is estimated to be worth around £20,000.
“They discovered a sophisticated set up and as a result, a 48-year-old man from the Ulverston area was arrested on suspicion of supplying cannabis. He has been interviewed and placed on police bail until April 17 while enquiries continue.
“Today’s discovery happened on the first day of the constabulary’s ‘Community Policing Week’ campaign which is designed to showcase the work that goes on 24/7 by police to keep streets safe. Today’s activity is an example of the work that officers do regularly to tackle drugs and target the people who operate above the street dealers.
“All communities can suffer from the impact of drugs and we know that illegal substances of all descriptions can ruin and sometimes end people’s lives. We will continue to act on behalf of the community by targeting dealers and the production of drugs to prevent substances getting onto our streets.”
First published at 17:10, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Another market garden gone out of business,what about the legalising of drugs
some of the so called educated are trying to
Canabis for your own pain relief,may be acceptable,but not for dealing to youngsters.
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid