Pedestrian dies in Cumbria crash
Last updated at 08:48, Thursday, 13 December 2012
A PEDESTRIAN died after being struck by a vehicle yesterday afternoon, Cumbria Police have reported.
The incident occurred on the A66 between Braithwaite and Woodend, near Keswick, at 5.27pm yesterday.
Four drivers are currently helping police with their enquiries. There have been no arrests and their vehicles are undergoing examination by road collision investigators.
The pedestrian, a male aged in his forties, believed to be local, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed until 23.40 pm to allow the emergency services to deal with the incident and carry out a full investigation.
Cumbria Roads Police said on Twitter this morning: "Sadly another life lost when a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on the A66 at Thornthwaite."
Formal identification is yet to take place and police are making enquiries to trace his family.
Anyone who witnessed to collision is asked to contact PC John Firth of the Western Roads Policing unit or Sergeant Jo Walker of the Northern roads Policing unit on 101.
First published at 17:57, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|