Pedestrian dies in Cumbria crash
Last updated at 08:48, Thursday, 13 December 2012
A PEDESTRIAN died after being struck by a vehicle yesterday afternoon, Cumbria Police have reported.
The incident occurred on the A66 between Braithwaite and Woodend, near Keswick, at 5.27pm yesterday.
Four drivers are currently helping police with their enquiries. There have been no arrests and their vehicles are undergoing examination by road collision investigators.
The pedestrian, a male aged in his forties, believed to be local, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed until 23.40 pm to allow the emergency services to deal with the incident and carry out a full investigation.
Cumbria Roads Police said on Twitter this morning: "Sadly another life lost when a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on the A66 at Thornthwaite."
Formal identification is yet to take place and police are making enquiries to trace his family.
Anyone who witnessed to collision is asked to contact PC John Firth of the Western Roads Policing unit or Sergeant Jo Walker of the Northern roads Policing unit on 101.
First published at 17:57, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|