Nottingham police searching Lake District for missing woman
Last updated at 09:12, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
DETECTIVES from Nottingham will be in the Lake District this week.
Police are looking for 44-year old Debbie Starbuck, previously known as Debbie Cooper, who was last seen in Nottingham on April 27.
Leaflets and posters will be distributed around the area, featuring pictures of the couple along with a picture of their red Citroen C3, which may have been used to travel around.
Debbie is described as white, between 5ft 4in and 5ft 5in of medium build, she was last seen with shoulder-length brown wavy hair.
Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen Debbie or her husband, Jamie, in the Lake District area, especially in Bowness, around the middle of May 2010.
A police spokesperson said: “We are keen to trace the whereabouts of Debbie Starbuck and do have concerns for her welfare.
“You may recognise Debbie as someone who has stayed at your hotel or hostel, or you may have travelled with her. If you know where she is, please let us know.”
Anyone with any information about Debbie Starbuck or her whereabouts, is asked to contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:10, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Strange report as it mentions the husband but does not say where or what happened to him. The report says the couple may have used their Citroen C3 to travel around this area. I take it the husband for whatever reason is unable to help. Would make much more sense if the report had more information.
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid