Nottingham police searching Lake District for missing woman
Last updated at 09:12, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
DETECTIVES from Nottingham will be in the Lake District this week.
Police are looking for 44-year old Debbie Starbuck, previously known as Debbie Cooper, who was last seen in Nottingham on April 27.
Leaflets and posters will be distributed around the area, featuring pictures of the couple along with a picture of their red Citroen C3, which may have been used to travel around.
Debbie is described as white, between 5ft 4in and 5ft 5in of medium build, she was last seen with shoulder-length brown wavy hair.
Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen Debbie or her husband, Jamie, in the Lake District area, especially in Bowness, around the middle of May 2010.
A police spokesperson said: “We are keen to trace the whereabouts of Debbie Starbuck and do have concerns for her welfare.
“You may recognise Debbie as someone who has stayed at your hotel or hostel, or you may have travelled with her. If you know where she is, please let us know.”
Anyone with any information about Debbie Starbuck or her whereabouts, is asked to contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:10, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Strange report as it mentions the husband but does not say where or what happened to him. The report says the couple may have used their Citroen C3 to travel around this area. I take it the husband for whatever reason is unable to help. Would make much more sense if the report had more information.
Make your comment
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (1 comment)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (1 comment)
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (3 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (5 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton