Nottingham police searching Lake District for missing woman
Last updated at 09:12, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
DETECTIVES from Nottingham will be in the Lake District this week.
Police are looking for 44-year old Debbie Starbuck, previously known as Debbie Cooper, who was last seen in Nottingham on April 27.
Leaflets and posters will be distributed around the area, featuring pictures of the couple along with a picture of their red Citroen C3, which may have been used to travel around.
Debbie is described as white, between 5ft 4in and 5ft 5in of medium build, she was last seen with shoulder-length brown wavy hair.
Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen Debbie or her husband, Jamie, in the Lake District area, especially in Bowness, around the middle of May 2010.
A police spokesperson said: “We are keen to trace the whereabouts of Debbie Starbuck and do have concerns for her welfare.
“You may recognise Debbie as someone who has stayed at your hotel or hostel, or you may have travelled with her. If you know where she is, please let us know.”
Anyone with any information about Debbie Starbuck or her whereabouts, is asked to contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:10, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Strange report as it mentions the husband but does not say where or what happened to him. The report says the couple may have used their Citroen C3 to travel around this area. I take it the husband for whatever reason is unable to help. Would make much more sense if the report had more information.
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds