New footpaths for Grange and Hawkshead
Last updated at 09:48, Monday, 30 July 2012
TWO new public footpaths have been opened up to South Lakes walkers.
The Lake Disctrict National Park Authority has worked alongside ramblers and businesses in the area to improve walking routes in the area.
One of the paths means there is now legal access to High Newton Reservoirs near Grange. The other, in Hawkshead, has improved an old road near the Drunken Duck pub.
First published at 16:46, Sunday, 29 July 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|