More wristbands ordered for charity founded by late Ulverston teenager Alice Pyne
Last updated at 08:46, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
THE charity founded by late Ulverston teenager Alice Pyne has ordered more wristbands after selling out.
Hundreds of Alice’s Escapes wristbands were sold at the end of last week in tribute to the inspirational 17-year-old who died on January 12.
More wristbands have been ordered, as the charity, the Evening Mail office, in Barrow, and Martins store, in Ulverston, have all sold out, and the public are making enquiries to buy them.
Some Alice’s Escapes trolley coin keyrings are still available at Martins, in Market Street and Croftlands Park Post Office, in Central Drive, Ulverston.
For details about ordering the wristbands and trolley coin keyrings online follow the instructions on the Alice’s Escapes Facebook page.
More wristbands are expected to arrive later this week. The Evening Mail website, Facebook page and twitter feed will be updated when they are on sale.
The funds are in aid of Alice's Escapes which arranges holidays and experiences in South Cumbria for seriously ill children and their families.
First published at 15:39, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
In memory of her best friend Alice Pyne, Samantha Blundell is climbing Kilimanjaro! Please any money you can give is great! https://www.justgiving.com/Samantha-Blundell/
Make your comment
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Woman sought in Barrow shoplifting investigation
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (20 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (2 comments)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker