Man charged after Barrow newsagent raid
Last updated at 16:40, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
POLICE have charged a 30-year-old man with robbery and possession of a knife following a raid on a Barrow newsagents.
Mark John Little, of no fixed abode, was charged after his arrest on Sunday (24), the day of the alleged incident.
Barrow police say the robbery happened at 2.30pm, when the suspect is alleged to have entered Greengate Street News, in Greengate Street, before stealing a sum of money.
Detective Sergeant Mark Jacobs said: "A man has entered the shop and threatened the shop assistant and taken an amount of cash from the till, before he made off from the scene."
Little has been remanded in custody and is due to appear in Preston Crown Court on 15th March 2013.
Anyone with any information about the incident should contact Barrow Police on 101.
First published at 19:27, Sunday, 24 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Pirelli factory death probe ordered tougher safety measures
- See the full list of Cumbrian offences plus the latest H&S advice
- £1.7BN INVESTMENT IN CLEANING UP SELLAFIELD
- Cumbria sets up links with Chinese university
- BT to recruit engineers for Cumbrian superfast roll-out
- Carlisle's Northern Developments starts student housing build on old Tyne-Tees site
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
Coach, camping and festival tickets available
Book Now with only £45 deposit
Weston Park Staffs, 16-19 August
• Click here to order
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|