Mission aims to raise cash for new vehicles for Ulverston hospice
Last updated at 11:18, Thursday, 24 July 2014
THE Evening Mail’s Reaching Out campaign launched in February 2013 with one aim, to raise the £70,000 needed to help St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston continue to provide care and support to seriously ill people in our community.The cash is needed to provide a fleet of seven new vehicles which are used to visit patients in their own homes as well as support the hospice’s fundraising.
One of the highlights of the campaign came in March when one anonymous reader donated the keys to his Volkswagen Polo to the hospice.
So far, more than £23,000 has been raised through the Just Giving page and other donations but there is still a long way to go.
If everyone who reads the Evening Mail donates just £2 to our Reaching Out campaign, we could hit our £70,000 target in a day.
First published at 09:55, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|