Mission aims to raise cash for new vehicles for Ulverston hospice
Last updated at 11:18, Thursday, 24 July 2014
THE Evening Mail’s Reaching Out campaign launched in February 2013 with one aim, to raise the £70,000 needed to help St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston continue to provide care and support to seriously ill people in our community.The cash is needed to provide a fleet of seven new vehicles which are used to visit patients in their own homes as well as support the hospice’s fundraising.
One of the highlights of the campaign came in March when one anonymous reader donated the keys to his Volkswagen Polo to the hospice.
So far, more than £23,000 has been raised through the Just Giving page and other donations but there is still a long way to go.
If everyone who reads the Evening Mail donates just £2 to our Reaching Out campaign, we could hit our £70,000 target in a day.
First published at 09:55, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|