Mission aims to raise cash for new vehicles for Ulverston hospice
Last updated at 11:18, Thursday, 24 July 2014
THE Evening Mail’s Reaching Out campaign launched in February 2013 with one aim, to raise the £70,000 needed to help St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston continue to provide care and support to seriously ill people in our community.The cash is needed to provide a fleet of seven new vehicles which are used to visit patients in their own homes as well as support the hospice’s fundraising.
One of the highlights of the campaign came in March when one anonymous reader donated the keys to his Volkswagen Polo to the hospice.
So far, more than £23,000 has been raised through the Just Giving page and other donations but there is still a long way to go.
If everyone who reads the Evening Mail donates just £2 to our Reaching Out campaign, we could hit our £70,000 target in a day.
First published at 09:55, Friday, 18 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|