Missing Cumbria teen found safe and well
Published at 22:23, Sunday, 02 December 2012
A “high risk” autistic teenager who went missing on Sunday afternoon has been found safe and well in Windermere.
Jacob Hills was reported to police as missing from the Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal at about 2.45pm.
His family described the 18-year-old as “vulnerable” and said he does not normally go out alone unsupervised.
Police held grave concerns for the teenager as he was not appropriately dressed for the cold winter weather.
The report sparked a frantic cross-county search before he was spotted by a member of the public in Windermere.
Mr Hills, who was described as 5-foot 2 inches, slim build, short bleached blonde hair and wearing a light blue hoodie and blue jeans, was picked up at about 7.30pm and reunited with his family.
Sergeant Docter of Kendal police said: “On behalf of Jacob’s family and ourselves, we would like to thank the local public for helping us locate Jacob so quickly.
“In the cold weather the situation could have been a lot worse.
Cumbria Constabulary have a very good working relationship with the local community and it’s great to see this in action today.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|