Millom son accused of killing mother and sister appears in court
Last updated at 19:50, Saturday, 07 December 2013
A Millom man charged with the murder of his mother and sister appeared in court on Friday.
John Jenkin, 23, is alleged to have killed Alice McMeekin, 50, and Katie Jenkin, 20, at the family home in Newton Street on June 8.
Jenkin was due to appear at Preston Crown Court for mention ahead of a provisional trial date on March 4.
The defendant is also charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal after the family dog was found beaten to death in the back garden of the property.
First published at 09:22, Friday, 06 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|