Millom DJ admits cocaine charge
Published at 14:53, Sunday, 16 February 2014
A WELL-KNOWN Millom nightclub DJ and hairdresser has admitted a cocaine charge.
James Tyson, of Lonsdale Road, Millom, appeared before magistrates charged with possession with intent to supply the class A drug.
Tyson is a popular DJ and is resident DJ at the Clocktower club in Market Square, Millom. He has also appeared at Club M in Barrow. The 24-year-old was well known in Barrow having worked at a number of hair salons in the last few years.
Furness magistrates heard that as well as being in possession of 12.23 grams of cocaine, Tyson was also found with 100 small plastic bags and a set of weighing scales.
Tyson said he had paid £800 for the drugs. Tyson admitted the charge and magistrates referred sentence to Preston Crown Court on March 7, after deciding that their sentencing powers were insufficient and to allow for pre-sentence reports to be prepared.
Tyson was bailed until that date on condition he resides at his home address in Lonsdale Road, Millom.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE: Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|