Millom DJ admits cocaine charge
Published at 14:53, Sunday, 16 February 2014
A WELL-KNOWN Millom nightclub DJ and hairdresser has admitted a cocaine charge.
James Tyson, of Lonsdale Road, Millom, appeared before magistrates charged with possession with intent to supply the class A drug.
Tyson is a popular DJ and is resident DJ at the Clocktower club in Market Square, Millom. He has also appeared at Club M in Barrow. The 24-year-old was well known in Barrow having worked at a number of hair salons in the last few years.
Furness magistrates heard that as well as being in possession of 12.23 grams of cocaine, Tyson was also found with 100 small plastic bags and a set of weighing scales.
Tyson said he had paid £800 for the drugs. Tyson admitted the charge and magistrates referred sentence to Preston Crown Court on March 7, after deciding that their sentencing powers were insufficient and to allow for pre-sentence reports to be prepared.
Tyson was bailed until that date on condition he resides at his home address in Lonsdale Road, Millom.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|