Medical director of south Cumbria health trust to retire
Last updated at 09:08, Monday, 09 June 2014
THE medical director of the health trust in charge of hospitals in south Cumbria is to retire.
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust, which runs Furness General Hospital, Westmorland General Hospital and Royal Lancaster Infirmary, announced George Nasmyth will step down after a replacement is recruited.
The Evening Mail understands his departure is unrelated to an upcoming Care Quality Commission (CQC) report on the trust, due to be published in the coming weeks.
Mr Nasmyth was appointed interim medical director in April 2012, replacing Peter Dyer, while changes were made to the board by then interim chief executive Sir David Henshaw.
He took on the role permanently a short time after.
A statement by chief executive Jackie Daniel said: “George is a valued and respected member of the team and I would like to put on record my thanks for his support and contribution over the last two years.
“It hasn’t been an easy time and George, like a lot of others has given up a good deal of his personal time to help us move forward, particularly with the better care together programme which has taken up many an evening and weekend.
“I am pleased that George will be staying in post whilst we recruit his successor and assist with a smooth handover to the new medical director.”
Advertising for a replacement is underway, and Ms Daniel said a stakeholder event to influence the selection process will take place towards the end of July.
The medical director is responsible for implementing medical policy at the trust, and advising the board on medical and clinical governance.
First published at 14:02, Sunday, 08 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|