Man tied up and threatened in Cumbria robbery
Last updated at 14:23, Monday, 26 November 2012
A GROUP of robbers in balaclavas tied up a man and threatened him during a robbery in Cumbria.
Detectives are investigating the robbery, which happened on Friday.
Police said at 8.45 pm they were called to an address in Station Road, Appleby, to reports of three men entering the property carrying weapons. They tied up the victim, a man aged 61, threatened him and demanded money.
The victim managed to escape and raise the alarm and the offenders fled the scene.
However, he was left very distressed and upset by the ordeal.
All of the offenders were dressed in dark clothing and were wearing balaclavas and gloves at the time.
Detective Chief Inspector Lee Johnson said: “This was a frightening ordeal for the victim and we are making a number of enquiries to establish who was involved.
“We believe the offenders used a green Ford Focus to drive to the location and we would appeal to anyone who has seen this vehicle in the area to get in contact so that we can trace their movements.
“Anyone with any information is asked to contact Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
First published at 14:21, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|