Man suffers head injuries in crash on Ulverston to Barrow coast road
Last updated at 09:29, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
A MAN was taken to hospital with head injuries after a one vehicle collision at Baycliff, Ulverston where a car collided with a wall.
Cumbria police said the collision happened at around 6.30pm on Friday, on the A5087, a mile north of Baycliff village, just north of Seawood Farm and this closed the road for some time.
Fire service and ambulance also attended the scene.
Police said the driver, an 18-year-old man, from Barrow, was taken to Furness General Hospital with head injuries. Police said they were not thought to be life threatening.
Police said the car was a silver Peugeot 206.
The road remained closed while the vehicle was recovered. Highways attended to clean up the area following a fuel spill from the crashed car.
Any witnesses are asked to contact PC 1374 Nick Johns of the Operational Support Unit at Ulverston on 101.
First published at 21:01, Friday, 02 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|