Man offers sweets to kids in "suspicious incident" in Barrow
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 25 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a "suspicious incident" in which a man offered sweets to two young girls in a Barrow playground.
The incident took place at 1.25pm yesterday in the playground in Anson Street.
Police said two young girls were offered sweets by a man described as having dark skin, dark hair and being about 30 to 40 years old.
The man was also described as wearing a white hooded jacket, with a black block pattern on the back, a green scarf and dark jeans.
Fifteen minutes later he was seen by another child in a car in Howe Street. The car was said to be dirty and silver or grey in colour.
The man was a passenger in the car, and had his scarf pulled up over his face. The driver was a man wearing a dark jacket.
Anyone who thinks they may know the men or has any information about the incident is asked to contact PS Bethell on 101.
First published at 08:24, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Look what crazy world is this becumin when a person carnt offer a child sum sweets without it being all over the papers,why lable every man a pedo or child killer,ok so he offered sum sweets to a child and because of that his life his job his family maybe in jepody as mud stick,what happens if this guy is just a nice guy.Its a crazy world you carnt push a little girl on the swing who is sitting in the next swing to your child without the fear of being accused of looking up her skirt honestly,i thought perverts round here were being monitored just un nessesary drama in my eyes.I hope the guy was genuin and i hope this artical doesnt ruin his life
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Net gain for Furness tennis players: with picture gallery
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid