Man offers sweets to kids in "suspicious incident" in Barrow
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 25 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a "suspicious incident" in which a man offered sweets to two young girls in a Barrow playground.
The incident took place at 1.25pm yesterday in the playground in Anson Street.
Police said two young girls were offered sweets by a man described as having dark skin, dark hair and being about 30 to 40 years old.
The man was also described as wearing a white hooded jacket, with a black block pattern on the back, a green scarf and dark jeans.
Fifteen minutes later he was seen by another child in a car in Howe Street. The car was said to be dirty and silver or grey in colour.
The man was a passenger in the car, and had his scarf pulled up over his face. The driver was a man wearing a dark jacket.
Anyone who thinks they may know the men or has any information about the incident is asked to contact PS Bethell on 101.
First published at 08:24, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Look what crazy world is this becumin when a person carnt offer a child sum sweets without it being all over the papers,why lable every man a pedo or child killer,ok so he offered sum sweets to a child and because of that his life his job his family maybe in jepody as mud stick,what happens if this guy is just a nice guy.Its a crazy world you carnt push a little girl on the swing who is sitting in the next swing to your child without the fear of being accused of looking up her skirt honestly,i thought perverts round here were being monitored just un nessesary drama in my eyes.I hope the guy was genuin and i hope this artical doesnt ruin his life
Make your comment
- Horses and dogs shine at Ulverston show
- Barrow worker who hit colleague with hammer faces prison
- Ulverston toilet debate continues (2 comments)
- South Cumbria farmer’s shock after savaged lambs are found by daughters
- WITH VIDEO: Facebook friends rally round to give Barrow dog life-saving surgery (1 comment)
- Cumbria GP surgeries in line for £7m cash windfall
- Barrow hospital chef appeared on TV with celebrity chef James Martin (2 comments)
- Head of pioneering Barrow school to leave his post
- Barrow pharmacist is first to prescribe drugs without the doctor
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Schools success for Windermere Golf Club
- Barrow batsman Liam targets Lancashire bow after setting world record
- Cook scoops Barrow AFC awards haul
- Hawcoat Sayle to last-day win
- De La Salle sink Furness on final day
- Crewe derail Walney Terriers
- Butler nears Barrow Raiders return
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title (3 comments)
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Park designer’s son was killed in action
- Time to get back out to the garden
- Tracking down the pals of a Furness teenage soldier
- Military honours for unknown six
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000