Man offers sweets to kids in "suspicious incident" in Barrow
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 25 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a "suspicious incident" in which a man offered sweets to two young girls in a Barrow playground.
The incident took place at 1.25pm yesterday in the playground in Anson Street.
Police said two young girls were offered sweets by a man described as having dark skin, dark hair and being about 30 to 40 years old.
The man was also described as wearing a white hooded jacket, with a black block pattern on the back, a green scarf and dark jeans.
Fifteen minutes later he was seen by another child in a car in Howe Street. The car was said to be dirty and silver or grey in colour.
The man was a passenger in the car, and had his scarf pulled up over his face. The driver was a man wearing a dark jacket.
Anyone who thinks they may know the men or has any information about the incident is asked to contact PS Bethell on 101.
First published at 08:24, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Look what crazy world is this becumin when a person carnt offer a child sum sweets without it being all over the papers,why lable every man a pedo or child killer,ok so he offered sum sweets to a child and because of that his life his job his family maybe in jepody as mud stick,what happens if this guy is just a nice guy.Its a crazy world you carnt push a little girl on the swing who is sitting in the next swing to your child without the fear of being accused of looking up her skirt honestly,i thought perverts round here were being monitored just un nessesary drama in my eyes.I hope the guy was genuin and i hope this artical doesnt ruin his life
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength