Man offers sweets to kids in "suspicious incident" in Barrow
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 25 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a "suspicious incident" in which a man offered sweets to two young girls in a Barrow playground.
The incident took place at 1.25pm yesterday in the playground in Anson Street.
Police said two young girls were offered sweets by a man described as having dark skin, dark hair and being about 30 to 40 years old.
The man was also described as wearing a white hooded jacket, with a black block pattern on the back, a green scarf and dark jeans.
Fifteen minutes later he was seen by another child in a car in Howe Street. The car was said to be dirty and silver or grey in colour.
The man was a passenger in the car, and had his scarf pulled up over his face. The driver was a man wearing a dark jacket.
Anyone who thinks they may know the men or has any information about the incident is asked to contact PS Bethell on 101.
First published at 08:24, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Look what crazy world is this becumin when a person carnt offer a child sum sweets without it being all over the papers,why lable every man a pedo or child killer,ok so he offered sum sweets to a child and because of that his life his job his family maybe in jepody as mud stick,what happens if this guy is just a nice guy.Its a crazy world you carnt push a little girl on the swing who is sitting in the next swing to your child without the fear of being accused of looking up her skirt honestly,i thought perverts round here were being monitored just un nessesary drama in my eyes.I hope the guy was genuin and i hope this artical doesnt ruin his life
Make your comment
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- M6 lane reopens after multi-vehicle accident
- Girl airlifted to hospital after horse fall in Cumbria
- Lindale mum's hope after 'hellish nightmare' experience of Windermere sailor's death
- Haverigg cellmates on ‘Chicken Wing’ hatch cracking business plan
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria ‘Cinderella’ star wows Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Effort to unite woman with camera found in Windermere goes viral
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music