Man offers sweets to kids in "suspicious incident" in Barrow
Last updated at 08:25, Monday, 25 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a "suspicious incident" in which a man offered sweets to two young girls in a Barrow playground.
The incident took place at 1.25pm yesterday in the playground in Anson Street.
Police said two young girls were offered sweets by a man described as having dark skin, dark hair and being about 30 to 40 years old.
The man was also described as wearing a white hooded jacket, with a black block pattern on the back, a green scarf and dark jeans.
Fifteen minutes later he was seen by another child in a car in Howe Street. The car was said to be dirty and silver or grey in colour.
The man was a passenger in the car, and had his scarf pulled up over his face. The driver was a man wearing a dark jacket.
Anyone who thinks they may know the men or has any information about the incident is asked to contact PS Bethell on 101.
First published at 08:24, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Look what crazy world is this becumin when a person carnt offer a child sum sweets without it being all over the papers,why lable every man a pedo or child killer,ok so he offered sum sweets to a child and because of that his life his job his family maybe in jepody as mud stick,what happens if this guy is just a nice guy.Its a crazy world you carnt push a little girl on the swing who is sitting in the next swing to your child without the fear of being accused of looking up her skirt honestly,i thought perverts round here were being monitored just un nessesary drama in my eyes.I hope the guy was genuin and i hope this artical doesnt ruin his life
Make your comment
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (1 comment)
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Toal looks forward to Barrow Raiders bow
- Consistency call from Barrow Raiders boss
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Barrow Raiders need to be ruthless
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton