Man left with broken bones following a 'serious' assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 05 November 2012
AN investigation has been launched after a man was repeatedly punched in the face leaving him with a broken nose and cheekbone.
The assault took place at around 1.50am on Sunday (4) outside the Sun Inn, in Market Street, Ulverston.
An altercation took place inside the pub involving a large group of males shortly before the attack which left a 26-year-old man with a broken nose and broken cheekbone.
He was later treated in hospital for his injuries.
Police believe the incident may have been witnessed by a number of people and would like to speak to a taxi driver who was collecting a fare from outside the pub at the time of the altercation.
A 39-year-old man from Backbarrow was arrested in relation to the incident and has been bailed pending further inquiries.
Anyone who witnessed either the assault or the altercation is asked to contact DC Kerry Harris on 101 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
First published at 22:10, Sunday, 04 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE 9am: Rail delays in Cumbria after person struck by train near Lancaster
- Barrow Raiders ban ex-coach from Craven Park (8 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction
- Demolition begins at Barrow shipyard as part of £300m redevelopment (7 comments)
- Axing subsidies for Cumbria bus services ‘terrible’ move
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|