Man left with broken bones following a 'serious' assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 05 November 2012
AN investigation has been launched after a man was repeatedly punched in the face leaving him with a broken nose and cheekbone.
The assault took place at around 1.50am on Sunday (4) outside the Sun Inn, in Market Street, Ulverston.
An altercation took place inside the pub involving a large group of males shortly before the attack which left a 26-year-old man with a broken nose and broken cheekbone.
He was later treated in hospital for his injuries.
Police believe the incident may have been witnessed by a number of people and would like to speak to a taxi driver who was collecting a fare from outside the pub at the time of the altercation.
A 39-year-old man from Backbarrow was arrested in relation to the incident and has been bailed pending further inquiries.
Anyone who witnessed either the assault or the altercation is asked to contact DC Kerry Harris on 101 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
First published at 22:10, Sunday, 04 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|