Man left with broken bones following a 'serious' assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 05 November 2012
AN investigation has been launched after a man was repeatedly punched in the face leaving him with a broken nose and cheekbone.
The assault took place at around 1.50am on Sunday (4) outside the Sun Inn, in Market Street, Ulverston.
An altercation took place inside the pub involving a large group of males shortly before the attack which left a 26-year-old man with a broken nose and broken cheekbone.
He was later treated in hospital for his injuries.
Police believe the incident may have been witnessed by a number of people and would like to speak to a taxi driver who was collecting a fare from outside the pub at the time of the altercation.
A 39-year-old man from Backbarrow was arrested in relation to the incident and has been bailed pending further inquiries.
Anyone who witnessed either the assault or the altercation is asked to contact DC Kerry Harris on 101 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
First published at 22:10, Sunday, 04 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|