Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- Updated: Police investigating after BMW car flipped onto its roof in Barrow crash
- Pupils and South Cumbria businesses team up in inspirational project
- Social media finds owner of camera found in Windermere
- Accused fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock (2 comments)
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair (5 comments)
- Paddlers steam ahead on choppy Coniston Water
- Barrow Raiders have fingers crossed for Ward
- Post Office close to delivering Ulverston League shock
- Taylor keen to stay at Barrow AFC
- Askam football ace ready to take on the world with England (1 comment)
- New manager at Crooklands Casuals
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers