Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- South Walney junior orienteers head in right direction
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Inaugural Coniston kids fun run a big success
- Cents and Dalton clash at Craven Park tonight
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: I live in terror in transitions
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: Cumbria edges it over Manchester
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern (1 comment)
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (2 comments)