Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- Shock figures reveal the criminal offences taking place in South Cumbria schools
- Memory of Millom man lives on as £5k is raised for charity
- Fostering call made after shock figures revealed in Cumbria
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (6 comments)
- Tayla-made campaign will keep life-saving on track
- Runners pound Dalton streets in 10k event
- ‘Selfless’ widower from Ulverston honoured for £78k fundraising effort
- South Cumbria rabbiting gang laugh after being fined for crimes
- Travel chaos looming in south Cumbria as rail union votes on strike
- Barrow teen avoids jail for drunken headbutt
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Barrow U13s produce battling display in Wirral
- Furness schools battle out orienteering finals:with picture gallery
- Millom RL make cup progress
- Barrow Raiders suffer defeat at North Wales
- CONFERENCE North’s sharpest shooters
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
- Did resurrection man become slave trader?
- I’m still having DIY flashbacks