Man flown to Blackpool hospital after air ambulance lands in Barrow Park
Last updated at 16:58, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A MAN has been flown to hospital in Blackpool after a North West Air Ambulance helicopter landed in Barrow Park.
Park users were startled when the chopper appeared overhead and touched down on the grass at about 3.50pm.
It had been dispatched from its base in Preston after receiving a report than a man was suffering cardiac problems and needed emergency transport.
Two air ambulance staff then made their way towards the Norwood Medical Centre on Abbey Road.
A ground ambulance, which was called at 2.46pm, also attended the scene and conveyed the man from the centre to the helicopter.
At 4.13pm the patient was flown to the specialist cardiac centre at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
First published at 16:06, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
The government needs to fund the North West Air Ambulance, its vital to the people of the north west !!!
Make your comment
- Police appeal for information after £3000 Barrow watch theft
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Crew deals with fishy fire in Barrow
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Ulverston mural attack is no laughing matter for Stan Laurel fans
- Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 Cumbria crash
- Health and transport plans could win seat
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood