Man dies in accident in Cumbrian hospital car park
Last updated at 13:36, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
A MAN has died after a collision in a hospital car park in Cumbria this morning.
The collision occurred around 11.24am today in the car park of Penrith Hospital and involved a car and a pedestrian.
Emergency services were on scene this morning.
This afternoon police confirmed an elderly man had died.
Police said the man and a Suzuki Swift driven by a woman had been involved in the incident. The man, who is believed to be from the Penrith area, died at the scene.
Police were working to identify the man and trace his family.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is asked to contact Cumbria Constabulary’s Headquarters Roads Policing Unit by dialling 101.
First published at 12:12, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|