Man dies in accident in Cumbrian hospital car park
Last updated at 13:36, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
A MAN has died after a collision in a hospital car park in Cumbria this morning.
The collision occurred around 11.24am today in the car park of Penrith Hospital and involved a car and a pedestrian.
Emergency services were on scene this morning.
This afternoon police confirmed an elderly man had died.
Police said the man and a Suzuki Swift driven by a woman had been involved in the incident. The man, who is believed to be from the Penrith area, died at the scene.
Police were working to identify the man and trace his family.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is asked to contact Cumbria Constabulary’s Headquarters Roads Policing Unit by dialling 101.
First published at 12:12, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|