Man dies in accident in Cumbrian hospital car park
Last updated at 13:36, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
A MAN has died after a collision in a hospital car park in Cumbria this morning.
The collision occurred around 11.24am today in the car park of Penrith Hospital and involved a car and a pedestrian.
Emergency services were on scene this morning.
This afternoon police confirmed an elderly man had died.
Police said the man and a Suzuki Swift driven by a woman had been involved in the incident. The man, who is believed to be from the Penrith area, died at the scene.
Police were working to identify the man and trace his family.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is asked to contact Cumbria Constabulary’s Headquarters Roads Policing Unit by dialling 101.
First published at 12:12, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|