Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Police investigate report of assault at Barrow AFC ground
- You’re licked! Police dogs visit Barrow school
- Cinemas to reel back the years to mark Ulverston born Stan Laurel’s 125th birthday
- Barrow teenager turns to pedal power in memory of pal
- Review: Blues invasion has fans flooding the Bay
- Hospital bed-blockers costing trust £236k in just one month
- Officers could answer phones if Cumbria police axe control room jobs
- Councillors set to call for refusal of South Cumbria turbine scheme
- Dalton father calls for health boss to quit
- Dalton teen who punched pregnant partner in stomach due to be sentenced
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final