Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- Barrow start season with Fleet-sinking mission
- Tough run in Holker play-off bid
- Derby day for Walney and Roose
- Final push for Ambleside
- Fit-again troops return for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
- Eye Health
- Runners putting energies into fitness