Man charged following Barrow Island stand off
Last updated at 09:23, Monday, 03 March 2014
A MAN has been charged over an alleged disturbance in a Barrow street.
Barrow Police have charged Nathan Haughin, 35, of Schooner Street, Barrow Island, with a public order offence following an alleged incident in Schooner Street on Friday February 28.
Police were called to Barrow Island at 6.35pm to reports of Haughin allegedly causing a disturbance in the street.
A standoff lasting almost six hours followed with Haughin refusing to leave a flat.
Officers, negotiators and armed police were at the scene and shortly after 1am on Saturday Haughin was arrested and led quietly from the property.
He has been released on bail and will appear in court.
A 27-year-old woman was also arrested on arrested on Saturday on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.
Police said she has been released on bail pending further investigation.
First published at 09:38, Sunday, 02 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (6 comments)
- Two climbers suffer serious falls in Lake District (2 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
- Letting the train add to the strain (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|