Man charged following Barrow Island stand off
Last updated at 09:23, Monday, 03 March 2014
A MAN has been charged over an alleged disturbance in a Barrow street.
Barrow Police have charged Nathan Haughin, 35, of Schooner Street, Barrow Island, with a public order offence following an alleged incident in Schooner Street on Friday February 28.
Police were called to Barrow Island at 6.35pm to reports of Haughin allegedly causing a disturbance in the street.
A standoff lasting almost six hours followed with Haughin refusing to leave a flat.
Officers, negotiators and armed police were at the scene and shortly after 1am on Saturday Haughin was arrested and led quietly from the property.
He has been released on bail and will appear in court.
A 27-year-old woman was also arrested on arrested on Saturday on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.
Police said she has been released on bail pending further investigation.
First published at 09:38, Sunday, 02 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Updated: Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Rescuers come to the aid of injured woman in Lake District
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|