Man charged following Barrow Island stand off
Last updated at 09:23, Monday, 03 March 2014
A MAN has been charged over an alleged disturbance in a Barrow street.
Barrow Police have charged Nathan Haughin, 35, of Schooner Street, Barrow Island, with a public order offence following an alleged incident in Schooner Street on Friday February 28.
Police were called to Barrow Island at 6.35pm to reports of Haughin allegedly causing a disturbance in the street.
A standoff lasting almost six hours followed with Haughin refusing to leave a flat.
Officers, negotiators and armed police were at the scene and shortly after 1am on Saturday Haughin was arrested and led quietly from the property.
He has been released on bail and will appear in court.
A 27-year-old woman was also arrested on arrested on Saturday on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.
Police said she has been released on bail pending further investigation.
First published at 09:38, Sunday, 02 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|