Man arrested following six-vehicle collision on A66 in Cumbria
Last updated at 13:57, Friday, 11 January 2013
CUMBRIA police have arrested a man on suspicion of dangerous driving after serious traffic incident on the A66.
The 49-year-old was driving an articulated large goods vehicle that collided with the side of a large car transporter travelling in the opposite direction.
Another man, driving a silver Fiat Doblo, received serious injuries and was taken to Cumberland Infirmary Carlisle.
A Mercedes Sprinter van and red Vauxhall Insignia were also involved in the pile-up, which occurred at aroud 7.20am in Sandford, near Appleby.
The road has now re-opened, having been closed for about four hours while recovery and collision investigation work was undertaken.
Nobody else was taken to hospital following the incident.
Police said there have been a number of incidents in relation to the temporary traffic lights at Sandford and have asked drivers to be aware of the likelihood of standing traffic in the area.
First published at 10:50, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|