Man airlifted to hospital after A595 crash
Last updated at 12:00, Sunday, 06 March 2011
A PENSIONER was airlifted to hospital following a serious accident in west Cumbria.
A motorcycle and two pedestrians were involved in a collision on the stretch of road just north of Muncaster at around 12pm on Sunday, March 6.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called out to the scene at around 12.25pm and a 73-year-old man from Egremont, was flown to Royal Preston Hospital.
He is believed to have sustained head injuries.
Police and ambulances attended the incident. Road closures were put in place and traffic was diverted through Cockermouth, Keswick and Ambleside.
A spokesman for Cumbria police said the road was re-opened at 3.30pm.
- The road was closed for a time earlier today after a separate crash between Town End farm and Seascale Crossroads at Gosforth.
First published at 14:42, Sunday, 06 March 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (10 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Cumbria Health boss warns parents over cigarette-like devices
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|