M6 reopens after crash
Last updated at 14:33, Monday, 12 November 2012
A 31-YEAR-OLD woman has been taken to hospital in Lancaster following a crash on the M6 this afternoon.
The incident occurred about 12.30pm on the M6 southbound between J36, A590 (Kirkby Lonsdale) and J35, A601 (Carnforth).
An ambulance crew came across the crash site by chance and paramedics assessed the Yorkshire woman at the scene.
The victim, who was driving a red Seat Ibiza, was described as "fully conscious and alert" before being transported to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary as a precaution.
The accident resulted in two lanes being closed and severe disruptions to traffic while the highway was cleared of debris.
All lanes were reopened just before 2pm.
First published at 13:41, Monday, 12 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|