AN incident in which an Ulverston care home worker’s ear was bitten off is still under the consideration of the Crown Prosecution Service.
Ann-Marie Howe was found safe and well in Barrow on Wednesday August 20.
A TERRIFIED woman leapt from an upstairs window and fell through the roof of an outhouse after her partner of 18 years launched a violent assault.
Motorists will face a series of closures on a Cumbria road over a three month period while tree felling work takes place.
AN offender from Barrow who denies breaching her curfew will stand trial over the matter.
YESTERDAY nervous 16-year-olds across Cumbria finally got their hands on their all-important GCSE results.
• See today's Evening Mail for an eight-page GCSE results special with photographs, interviews with students and staff, and results
• Click here to see the archive of the Evening Mail's live coverage
A MAN from Barrow has fallen four storeys from a hotel balcony in the Spanish resort of Magaluf.
Commuters will face a 3.5 per cent increase to regulated rail fares next year. We're asking our readers to take part in a short survey to give their opinions about rail services.
• Click here to fill out the survey
KIND-HEARTED residents have continued to back a campaign to raise enough money to pay for one tonne of food for struggling families.
• Tomorrow the Evening Mail pop-up shop will be accepting donations of food and money for the foodbank at Booths in Ulverston between 10am and 2pm.
BARROW AFC are hopeful Jamie Crowther has escaped a long injury lay-off – but he is out of their tough bank holiday tests.
A DONATION of £1,000 will help improve the life of a sight-impaired Barrow child.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000? Click here to apply
THE latest Department for Work and Pensions figures show that Barrow has the fifth-lowest proportion of older workers in Britain. The DWP says just over half – 51.7 per cent – of 50 to 64 year-olds in Barrow are working. So what are the issues and what can be done?
CUMBRIA commuters will face a 3.5 per cent increase to regulated rail fares. (2 comments)
FIVE lucky Evening Mail readers won a range of prizes that helped them out with daily costs.